SERHA wishes to remind the public that in light of the public threat posed by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the management will be taking the following containment measures at institutions across the Region to reduce the spread of the virus:
- Only urgent and emergency outpatients will be seen while other patients will
- Only urgent and emergency surgical procedures will be undertaken while
other surgical procedures will be rescheduled.
- Arrangements are being made through the National Health Fund Pharmacy
Department/Drug Serv Pharmacy for patients with chronic non-
communicable diseases to have continued access to prescribed medication.
- Hospital visits are reduced to once per day, one visit per person, one visitor
to a patient.
- All patients with respiratory symptoms will be offered a face mask on entry.
- All patients and visitors will be screened on entry to the facilities for
respiratory illnesses and fever.
- Tents are being set up to help reduce the number of patients at the clinic at
any one time.
- All training scheduled for Food Handlers, Barbers and Hairdressers’ are suspended until further advised.
- Some services offered by Type I and II health centres are being scaled down.
- Scaling down might mean rescheduling routine appointments and reducing the number of clinic days.
- Every effort is being made to reduce overcrowding in the outpatient waiting areas to adhere to recommendations regarding social distancing as outlined by the Ministry of Health and Wellness.
SERHA thanks the public for their understanding during this period.